The DTE Energy Low Income Self-Sufficiency Plan (LSP) is an affordable payment plan for eligible low-income families. This program allows you to make affordable monthly payments based on your income, while the remaining portion of your bill is paid monthly with your energy assistance funds.
DTE customers interested in enrolling in the LSP for the first time must submit a completed application and all required documents by April 30.
Existing LSP customers must submit a completed application ASAP to attempt to prevent benefit interruption.
For more information, visit the DTE website at www.dteenergy.com/LSP or call 844-598-7967 (9-5 Mon-Fri).
Before applying, please have the following ready:
- DTE Energy account number and most recent utility bill
- Social Security number plus identity verification (driver’s license, state ID, etc.) and date of birth for each household member
- Date and amount of energy assistance received within the last 12 months
- Amount of income received per pay check and employer’s name for each employed household member
- Amount of unearned income received by each household member and income verification. This includes Social Security benefits, pension/retirement benefits, veteran’s benefits, military allotments, DHS FIP cash assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), workers’ compensation, child support, etc.
- Monthly and annual income over the past year for each self-employed person. Receipts for the work provided must be included.
- Proof of monthly of health insurance premiums and amount, court-ordered child support and out-of-pocket child care costs paid by each household member
Click here to apply online. Applications must be completed in one session, as the system will not allow in-progress applications to be saved.
Request or print paper application
Application Intake Centers are available at the following locations:
Christian Community Baptist Church
4000 Tuxedo St., Detroit
Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Grace Church of Nazarene
18020 Hoover St., Detroit
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.